Data ManagementWorking Group
We will strive to make LTAR data aligned with the FAIR guiding principles, to be Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable.
- To provide guidance on best practices for LTAR data management with the aim of producing data according to the FAIR guiding principles.
- To ensure that geospatial data is compliant with ISO-19115 standards.
- To freely share data management expertise across the network.
- Guide development of LTAR’s data management policy
- Solicit input from LTAR data managers on training needs for metadata, IS0 19115, etc.
- Provide training on metadata, IS0 19115, etc. at the annual workshop
- Provide guidance and assistance to data managers in creating more robust metadata records in GeoData
- Move additional GeoData records to Ag Data Commons
- Contributed to the National Agricultural Library – USDA Research, Education and Economics Mission Area data inventory initiative
- Created metadata records for LTAR data in GeoData that were subsequently also made available in Ag Data Commons
- Training sessions were provided to LTAR data managers on creating metadata records in GeoData and developing data management plans
- Developed FAQs on creating metadata records in GeoData
- Continued work on the LTAR data management policy to have it be informed by current and emerging USDA policies in this area
Contributed to LTAR meteorological data efforts at https://ltar.nal.usda.gov/ltar/met/index
None to date.
Working Group Name
Data Management Working Group
Dan Arthur and Earl Keel
List will appear here