Data ManagementWorking Group
We will strive to make LTAR data aligned with the FAIR guiding principles, to be Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable.
- To provide guidance on best practices for LTAR data management with the aim of producing data according to the FAIR guiding principles.
- To ensure that geospatial data is compliant with ISO-19115 standards.
- To freely share data management expertise across the network.
- Guide development of LTAR’s data management policy
- Solicit input from LTAR data managers on training needs for metadata, IS0 19115, etc.
- Provide training on metadata, IS0 19115, etc. at the annual workshop
- Provide guidance and assistance to data managers in creating more robust metadata records in GeoData
- Move additional GeoData records to Ag Data Commons
- Contributed to the National Agricultural Library – USDA Research, Education and Economics Mission Area data inventory initiative
- Created metadata records for LTAR data in GeoData that were subsequently also made available in Ag Data Commons
- Training sessions were provided to LTAR data managers on creating metadata records in GeoData and developing data management plans
- Developed FAQs on creating metadata records in GeoData
- Continued work on the LTAR data management policy to have it be informed by current and emerging USDA policies in this area
None to date.
Working Group Name
Data Management Working Group
Jeff Campbell and Joe Makuch
List will appear here
Agricultural Research Service