Data ListingBrowse datasets from 18 LTAR sites
LTAR Data Inventory
There is a current network-level effort to inventory all cross-domain datasets for LTAR. The purpose of the LTAR Data Inventory project is to enable the 18 LTAR sites to outline data holdings that will enhance data discoverability and data sharing across the LTAR network.
The full data inventory and and Insights for ArcGIS exploratory dashboard can be accessed here (last four tabs): https://gpsr.ars.usda.gov/ltar
Inventory matrix can be accessed here: https://usdaars.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=2fff900542a1465a97e6f2079f850483&view=list&sortOrder=true&sortField=defaultFSOrder#data
LTAR Standard GIS Data Layers
This effort created a geodatabase of standard GIS layers that represent locations and areas associated with the USDA Long-Term Agroecosystem Research (LTAR) Network as of 2021. The geodatabase includes spatial data describing LTAR site locations, addresses, experimental plots, fields and watersheds, eddy flux towers, and phenocams. There are six data layers in the geodatabase available to the public. This geodatabase was created in 2019-2020 by the LTAR network as a collaboration between the LTAR Remote Sensing and GIS working group and the LTAR Data Management working group. The process to create the geodatabase began with initial requests to LTAR site leads and data managers for geospatial data, followed by meetings with each LTAR site to review the initial draft. Edits were documented, and the final draft was again reviewed and certified by LTAR site leads or their delegates. Revisions to this geodatabase will occur biennially, with the next revision scheduled to be published in 2023.
A web map with the 6 GIS layers is also available here: https://arcg.is/0zbauq
Dataset DOI, obtained from Ag Data Commons: 10.15482/USDA.ADC/1521161
LTAR Real-time Met Data Repository (GeoEvent Server)
- An exploratory dashboard to view meteorological data from each of the 18 LTAR sites published to the GeoEvent Server hosted on Azure Cloud (click on image to open dashboard):
- Other GeoEvent Meteorology Resources: https://pdienterprise.azurecloudgov.us/portal/apps/storymaps/stories/e5d539b0565c4a8a948362389a293385
AgCROS Database API
- The AgCROS Public API gives access to the combined databases that are part of the AgCROS framework: https://gpsr.ars.usda.gov/agcrospublicapi/swagger/index.html#/Management
LTAR GIS Data on AgCROS
GIS layers per LTAR site can be found here: http://agcros-usdaars.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets?group_ids=ae58c9148bbd4550a625074e9c5478ac
List of Available Remote Sensing and Geospatial Data Products
Related Data Resources
- agclass.nal.usda.gov: The National Agricultural Library’s Agricultural Thesaurus and Glossary are online vocabulary tools of agricultural terms in English and Spanish and are cooperatively produced by the National Agricultural Library, USDA, and the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture as well as other Latin American agricultural institutions belonging to the Agriculture Information and Documentation Service of the Americas (SIDALC).
- resources.data.gov: An online repository of policies, tools, case studies, and other resources to support data governance, management, exchange, and use throughout the federal government.
- geoplatform.gov: The Geospatial Platform is a cross-agency collaborative effort and Shared Service that embodies the principles and spirit of Open Government, emphasizing government-to-citizen communication, accountability, and transparency.